* As the Corvette Blog and Jalopnik reported this week, Thursday was the 50th anniversary of Alan Shepard’s spaceflight. To commemorate the event, about 30 surviving astronauts will gather in Florida today for a parade, and they will be driven in at least one Corvette from each generation of the model to celebrate the long-standing connection between astronauts and Corvettes.
* While doing a little reading on the Italdesign Aztec we featured as a Hemmings Find of the Day earlier this week, we came across Italdesign’s intriguing site with photos and information on many of its other concept vehicles through the decades, including the 1969 Alfa Romeo Iguana above.
* The New York Times this week reported on the upcoming restoration of an 1898 Riker electric over at Dragone.
* How cool was it that there were a bunch of International Harvester Scouts in the recent Fast Five? Oh, you didn’t see them? That’s because they got scrubbed from the film, but not until after they were built for filming. Off-Road Action has more on them.
* Finally, over at Curbside Classic, Paul Niedermeyer takes a look at the Wartburg Camping station wagon. Love that side trim and two-tone!