Yes, you can. You can visit two car shows (LA Auto Show, Essen Motor Show), three world premieres (Mercedes-AMG SLS AMG Coupé Black Series, Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force, smart forjeremy) and several parties in five days. Here's a quick journal:
- Tuesday, November 27th (early): HAM-FRA-LAX
- Tuesday, November 27th: Arrival Los Angeles
- Tuesday, November 27th: Beverly Hills on smart electric bikes
- Tuesday, November 27th: Presentation Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force
- Tuesday, November 27th: Presentation smart forjeremy at the Jim Henson Company
- Wednesday, November 28th: LA Motor Show
- Wednesday, November 28th: Santa Monica
- Wednesday, November 28th: Departure (LAX-MUC-DUS)
- Tuesday, November 29th: Arrival in DUS
- Tuesday, November 29th: Dinner with Chem-Tools
- Friday, November 30th: Essen Motor Show 2012, meetings
- Friday, November 30th: AUTO BILD Race Night
- Saturday, December 1st: Essen Motor Show 2012, meetings
- Saturday, December 1st (late): Back in Hamburg
- Sunday, December 2nd: BRAINDEAD
- Monday, December 3rd: BRAINDEAD
What I learned: You need a really good condition (err ... really?). And some good friends, who help you.
I would like to thank Mercedes-Benz/smart for the hospitality, Klaus Rasch for saving me from the police in Santa Monica, Thomas Backe and Dieter Hofem for picking me up in DUS, Manfred Prescher and Stefan Müller for the wonderful Race Night — and DOTZ/AEZ for gallons of coffee.
And not to forget — thank you David Fischer (Highsnobiety), Mathias "MC Winkel" Winks (Whudat), Marcel Winatschek (Amy & Pink), Michael Kaune (QVEST) and Matthias Arens (Quality) for teaching me lessons in "Lifestyle, Ego-Blogging and Fashion"!
Original: Ralf Becker - Chromjuwelen